Last Updated: November 7, 2019
The information we collect
If you provide it to us, we may collect the following information:
- Mailing address
- Shipping address
- Billing address
- Email address
- Phone (or mobile) number
- Credit/debit card number/expiration date/security code
- Purchase/return/exchange information
- Login and password, if you create a profile
- Facebook ID, password and profile picture, if you sign in using your Facebook profile
We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. For example, we may collect data on when you visit different parts of our site, and what selections you make while on the website. We may also automatically collect certain technical information such as:
- Log information – When you view content provided by us, or use our services, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This information may include: details of how you used our service, such as your navigation paths and search queries; mobile related information if you access our website using your mobile device; internet protocol (IP) address; device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account; browser type, operating system, and other technical information.
- Device information – We may collect device-specific information–such as your operating system version, hardware device, and unique device identifiers, and mobile information if you use a mobile device to access the site. We may also collect and utilize geo-location features on your mobile device to identify your location and to provide content and/or advertisements that relate to your location.
- Social media widgets – Our Site and any mobile application includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, Pinterest and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Information collected by the various cookies – Cookies are used on the Site, including cookies related to functionality of the Site, and those which also track analytics, demographics (such as age, gender, education, household income), interests and affinities. These cookies may be used to better deliver advertising that targets your demographic, interests and affinities. Although we do not track based on Personally Identifiable Information, we do track visitor behavior anonymously through directly-measured traffic statistics, and we track behavioral and demographic reporting that utilize inference-based methodology. In order to provide the best guest experience possible, we also use automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our Site, in our stores and on our mobile applications; the performance of our marketing efforts; and your response to those marketing efforts.
- Information collected to serve ads on other sites – We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our Site or use our mobile applications. This information is used to serve ads for our products or for the products or services of other companies when you visit other websites. These companies use non-Personally-Identifiable Information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g., static IP address) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These parties typically use a cookie, web beacon or other similar tracking technologies to collect this information.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Site and the products contained on the Site. We may use this information to help develop new products and offerings, and to protect us and our users. We may also use this information to offer you tailored content like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We also use your information for:
- product purchase, fulfillment and logistics
- to manage purchases, orders, payments and returns/exchanges
- to respond to requests for information about our products through our Site or mobile applications
- to connect with you regarding guest service or on social media or Internet chat platforms
- administer promotions, surveys and focus groups
- internal operations
- improve the effectiveness of our Site, mobile experience and marketing efforts
- conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our guests and our business
- legal compliance
If we provide you with any mailings or other communication, including email, you can always opt out of that communication. You may also opt out of any telephone communication. Notwithstanding, these options shall not apply if we need to contact you about a transaction you have initiated on our Site.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals, but we do provide you the option to opt out of interest-based advertising. To learn more about how to opt-out of certain advertising activities, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. Options you select are browser- and device-specific. You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. You have the right to remove your personal information from our databases. To do this, please delete any account you have with Joules and Watts Coffee, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you to assist you with the process of deleting your account. For security purposes we will not process any deletion requests solely via email.
Whenever you use our Site to make purchases and have set up profile on our Site, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information in your account. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
The information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, outside organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your permission: We will share personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals only if we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In case of a sale or asset transfer. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of our Services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Services.
- In aggregated form for business purposes. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information us with third party partners who provide services to us, such as email providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center/chat providers, sweepstakes vendors, payment processors, coupon delivery vendors, data enhancement services fraud prevention providers, or companies that help us market our products and services. For example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our services.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. However no website is entirely secure. You should protect the account information in your possession as well.
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information or other personal information through email.
Children’s Personal Information
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian email email@example.com.
Our website and associated services are hosted in the United States. If you are outside of the United States, your information will be processed and stored in the United States and you are consenting to such processing and storage.
We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy or disposal of all or part of our business or assets; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our guests or others.
Changes and Updates